Musings of an almost college grad


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The End of an Era

Ok, so I'm not doing great at posting numerous times a week...but I have done once a week so far, and that's not too shabby.

I have officially ended my stint as slave to the retail world.  My official last day at "the pier" was Sunday....and it was bittersweet.  I really do love the store manager there.  She is such a fun person, and honestly the best manager I've had through all of my retail experience (which has been the past 5 years of my life...plus one in high school).  I think it's really hard to find a manager that is a good boss as well as a good friend, but she managed to become both.  It's also sad that I have made such good friends there, many of whom have moved on, but left a lasting impression.  So for my last day, I worked from 7pm-230am doing our fall transition.  Basically that meant combining all of the Christmas merchandise and moving it to the back of the store while moving all of the ridiculously heavy furniture to the front and prepping it for spring/summer.  I love that my boss can tell me "this is what needs to happen" and trust me to do it, and do it well.  I love that I had the freedom to be creative through setting up displays and organizing the store.  That level of trust and freedom is not something you gain immediately at a new job, it comes from being there long enough and proving yourself...and now wherever I go I will have to bide my time before those things come.  So that's what I'll miss...along with my 25% off ;)



(this is what I wanted to buy, but never did.  Maybe someday it will go on clearance and then I'll suck it up and buy it.  Cross your fingers!)


BUT!  I am now free every weekend.  FREEDOM!  Isn't that exciting?  No more wondering if I'll be able to get off work and go to family events or weekend trips to visit friends.  I am looking forward to this immensely.  But now that I have all this free time, what should I do with it???  Suggestions?



perhaps a trip to visit this adorable face?  ...hopefully soon :)

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could see the pics you put up! But they are not showing :( Congrats on the step out of retail! WOOHOO! Also.. I hope the adorable face is mine! Or Coltons.. that would be okay with me as well MISS YOU LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I fixed it....can you see it now???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang out with your mother! She would love that! :)

    ReplyDelete